The Future of Big Data (07/20/2012) Experts believe the vast quantities of data that humans and machines will be creating by the year 2020 could:
- Enhance productivity,
- Improve organizational transparency, and
- Expand the frontier of the “knowable future
These same experts worry about people’s ability to analyze the data wisely, according to the PEW Research Center.
DoD Releases Could Computing Strategy (07/11/2012) Identifies four steps that will enable a phased implementation of the DoD Enterprise Cloud Environment:
- Foster adoption of cloud computing
- Optimize data center consolidation
- Establish the DoD enterprise cloud infrastructure
- Deliver cloud services
News as it Happens (07/2012) Social media is providing breaking news as it’s happening, often before traditional news outlets even hear about it. I have recently run across several articles and reports talking about this trend toward digital journalism.
Consider how this can impact and even help your communications and citizen engagement strategies:
- State of the News Media 2012 (4/2012) PEW Research Center Report found people are taking advantage of having easier access to news throughout the day, in their pocket or on their lap.
- Twitter, Reddit and the Newsroom of the Future (07/17/2012) Twitter-sourced reports are easier to verify, according to an article by Gigacom.
- How Social Media is Replacing Traditional Journalism (06/28/2012) Great infographic showing the changing face of news delivery and how social media may end up leading the charge.