Federal agencies are implementing customer-facing mobile services at a rapid pace. Check out the MobileGov Blog “cheat sheet” that’s chock full of information to help your agency accelerate the process.
Here’s a taste of what you will find there:
- APIs Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) have been called the “secret sauce” for digital services. They help open information (content and data) so it can be reused inside and outside of government.
- Open Content Management To support infrastructure and content needs across the federal government, the Digital Services Innovation Center developed a CMS toolkit with resources to help agencies choose, design and migrate to a content management system (CMS).
- Mobile First Mobile First is a form of mobile strategy that posits any content or application that an agency creates, should be done with a mobile first mentality.
- Mobile Web/Responsive Design, Web Apps & Native Apps Mobile implementation is not a clear cut decision between mobile web vs. mobile app and that mobile products fall in a continuum between mobile web and native.
- New mobile implementations like responsive design and others are explained.
- Mobile Platforms In the U.S., there are four mobile platforms for developing mobile apps–Blackberry, iOS/Apple, GooglePlay/Android, Windows Phone.