MobileMarketingWatch released an article explaining why it is important for the workplace to be making the move to mobile. When it comes to marketing, it is essential to understand your customer and be easily discoverable or else your product will go unseen. It is all about “place, place, place.” It is no secret the use of smartphones and tablets is increasing all the time, so being easily discoverable on these devices is absolutely essential.
How customers find what they’re looking for:
- Device searches: The number of searches done on mobile devices has reached 20% in the last year. If your website isn’t accessible on mobile, you will be left behind.
- Different devices, different purposes: Tablets and smartphones are becoming more popular for web browsing.
- Social media: Surveys show that almost 40% of those surveyed use social media to interact with businesses.
- Follow-up actions: According to Nielsen’s findings, people who use their mobile devices to search for your products are statistically more likely to do additional searches.
- Sales: Searches done on mobile devices are far more likely to come to a sale than searches done on computers.
It is essential, therefore, for your business to be certain that all of your products are available on mobile devices. So, what now? Fortunately, it’s never been easier or more affordable to create a mobile website or to leverage smartphone apps and software to provide outstanding customer service.
Originally published on the Mobile Gov Blog.